Monday 5 February 2007

Sister in Whorehouse


I got this T-shirt while flying helicopters on exchange service with the USN.

As in the Royal Navy, the American naval jet jockeys, or stovies, all consider themselves from the Top Gun mould and there is good, and sometimes strong, banter between them and the more naturally talented and charming helicopter pilots.

Fred de-Labilliere, who was an extremely distinguished RN stovie and universally admired, won the day at his leaving dinner by stating that he would rather have VD recorded in his Medical Documents than helicopter hours recorded in his Flying Log Book. This was a remark difficult to top ……

The T-shirt above was a successful campaign by the helicopter pilots in NAS NORFOLK to stick one up the fighter pilots’ jet pipe.

Look what a innocent appearance it has from the front. I believe it would have been life threatening to wear the T-shirt to Happy Hour at NAS OCEANA down the road – the home of the F-14!
I am happy to confirm that neither occupation is relevant to my model Clare's brother or sister!

1 comment:

mobo said...

one of my fav shirts, but not sure yellow is my colour... love the cartoon from yesterday - v. relevant to a meeting I was in today! c x