Friday 16 February 2007

People - Patrice Wymore Flynn


This is a picture of a very special lady we met when the Clipper Race visited Port Antonio in Jamaica in June 2005. Patrice Wymore Flynn is Errol Flynn’s widow and she lives on an estate in the hills behind the picturesque harbour. She and Errol Flynn moved to Port Antonio in the 1950s and he was responsible for developing tourism to this area, including raft trips down rivers on bamboo rafts – still a popular attraction today.

While the Clipper Fleet was in port the marina was renamed Errol Flynn Marina and Patrice, as Guest of Honour, won everyone’s hearts by her wonderful presence. The picture shows her on the bridge of the Jamaican Coast Cutter at the race start. The insert is of my signed T-shirt which is only worn for very special occasions – in this case leaving Yeovil Hospital with my new body parts.

There are several books on the colourful life Errol Flynn lived. I have just ordered the following – purely in the name of research:
My Wicked, Wicked Ways by Errol Flynn • First Pub 1959
http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Wicked-Ways-Errol-Flynn/dp/1845130499

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you enjoyed Wicked, Wicked Ways, you may want to order Errol Flynn Slept Here--it's all about his house on Mulholland Drive and more.

Anonymous said...

Patrice, we shared the same man many years ago and we spoke on the telephone quite a few times. Does the name Barrington Milson ring a bell? Also I am Malissa Bell formerly of Miami, now living in Atlanta, Ga. This was probably 20 or more years ago and I have often wondered how you are as he adored you so much. You were always so kind to me on the telephone.

Anonymous said...

Hi Patrice,
Hope you are doing well.
My father was an architect in Jamaica. Gus Raptis. I've heard that he did some designs for you. Is that correct?
James C. Raptis, Architect, Seattle

Anonymous said...

Hi Patrice,
I live in Cornwall,England and was with Barrington Millson when he died in 2004. He loved to tell me of the happy times he spent with you. I still have his photos of you both at your home.
Sally Roberts,Penzance