Thursday 28 December 2006

Is this your first time?


Welcome to my first Blog! My aim is to get an entry up most days. More often than not this will be a picture with a short description. Sometimes it will be major events leading up to and during the Clipper Race. Sometimes it will be my own personal diary entries. They will be short and hopefully entertaining.

I have no idea if anyone will be interested. If there is anyone out there please feel free to contact me and contribute; who knows, this could be the start of something big.

My first picture is of a couple of birds that my wife, Vanessa, and I gave to our Kiwi friends during our recent holiday there. I thought the birds took a pretty good picture. One is a Toucan and the other a yellow crested cockatoo. … Which reminds me of the time when four of us brought a cockatoo as a mascot when we were in a Naval Helicopter Squadron in Singapore, about 100 years ago. Not a great success as it was banned from the Squadron on Day 2 – not good when you are a mascot…..

Colin

No comments: